At Spruce Creek Fly-In, SAFETY is our biggest priority! And safety has many aspects, because our unique community combines a large Private Airport, a Golf Course and Country Club, intermingled with over 1400 private residences. Please be aware of the following:
AIRPLANES--of all shapes and sizes--always have the right of way. They must be avoided at all costs. The PILOT in the plane may not be able to see you. You must clear the way for them. In narrow taxiways, get off the taxiway or move as far to the side as you can-- far enough that the plane's wing won't hit you. Airplanes need a lot of room to maneuver. Avoid accidents by giving them sufficient room to do so!
The RUNWAY is active all the time and is reserved exclusively for aircraft take offs and landings. IT IS NEVER A ROADWAY! Nothing but airplanes -- allowed on it. Stay off! Neither you -- nor your pets -- may trespass on the runway -- EVER!
Most TAXIWAYS are not roadways. You can drive cars ONLY on the Cessna, Beech, Lindy Loop, Delta and Echo taxiways.
SPEED LIMITS are 15 MPH on taxiways, 30 MPH on other roads within Spruce Creek. The latter is a very liberal limit compared to many private communities. If speeding becomes a problem, the limit may be lowered to 20 MPH or less.
DO NOT PASS moving automobiles or trucks on the roads of Spruce Creek Fly-In. Slower golf cars may be passed with care. When passing a slower vehicle or pedestrian, please be courteous and give them plenty of room as you pass.
DRIVE ONLY on the RIGHT-HAND SIDE of the road.
GOLF CARTS are subject to the SAME DRIVING RULES AS CARS. Stop at stop signs, make hand signals, give way to faster vehicles, etc.
BICYCLES are considered "vehicles" and must obey rules of the road. They must be ridden on the right-hand side of the road with cars and golf carts. Use appropriate hand signals and give way to vehicles. Although it's OK to ride bicycles side-by-side, please move to single file when being passed by a motor vehicle.
PEDESTRIANS--walkers, joggers, roller bladers, skate boarders, etc.—must obey a DIFFERENT RULE: Stay on the left side of the road. People walking must face the oncoming traffic so they can see and avoid problems. At night, pedestrians can be hard to see. So when it is DARK, please wear WHITE or REFLECTIVE TAPE so you will be as visible as possible to drivers.
The community THANKS YOU for taking the time to read this message!
SAFETY is our biggest priority and a very serious issue. In fact, it's a matter of life or death.
"Vehicle" - any vehicle including without limitation, mopeds, go-peds (motorized skateboard), go-carts, golf carts, bicycles, skateboards, ATV's, motorized scooters or similar vehicles regardless of whether such are licensed by the State of Florida.
1. No motorized vehicle shall be driven in Spruce Creek on any road, taxiway or other commonly owned property unless the vehicle is insured for third party liability, has brakes, a mirror and if used at night headlights and taillights. A golf cart at night in addition must have brake lights, turn signals, and windshield.
2. The minimum age for a driver of a motorized vehicle, which is regulated by Florida Statutes on public rights of way (i.e. all motorized vehicles except for golf carts, scooters or mopeds under 5 brake horse power) not accompanied by a qualified adult is sixteen (16) years.
3. Persons between 14 and 16 years of age may, in accordance with other rules and regulations, operate golf carts or motorized scooters or mopeds under 5 brake horsepower with the permission of their parent or guardian. Persons under age 14 are not authorized to operate any motorized vehicles on common property including all roads and taxiways.
4. Go-carts, and similar low profile motor vehicles, because of the difficulty of seeing them from all other vehicles, and ATV's and off road vehicles are considered unsafe on all common use roads, paths and taxiways and are prohibited. It is recommended that low profile bicycles display a warning flag not less than 6 feet high above ground level.
5. When calling for a wrecker/tow truck service or a locksmith, please call the gate and advise the guard of the name of the company called and nature of service. North Gate 756-6125, South Gate 756-3719.
6. Between the hours of 7 AM and 7 PM there is no need to call the gate to advise the guard you are expecting a guest for a day. If the guest is going to stay more than one (1) day, request an extended pass for your guest. However, after 7 PM you must call the gate for anyone coming to your home.
7. Commercial vehicles, semi-trailers and motor homes are prohibited from using the North Gate Entrance. The North gate entry bridge has a load limit of 10 tons. Prohibited vehicles must use the South Gate on Airport Road.
Dont Miss a New Listing Again!
Already registered? Login
FREE AUTOMATED EMAIL UPDATES
Sign in to take advantage of all this site has to offer.
Save your favorite listings and searches. Also receive email updates when listings you like come on the market for free!
*Contact Information NOT Shared*
204 Cessna Blvd.
Port Orange, FL 32128